The first 2014 issue of the e-newsletter of the Office of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Slovakia informs about IOM activities that took place from October to December 2013.
Content of the IOM Newsletter, Issue 01/2014:
- One-Stop Shop – Consultation Day for Migrants in Košice
- EMN Studies in 2014
- In 2013, IOM Migration Information Centre in Bratislava and Košice counselled 1,913 clients from more than 60 countries. Centres provided 3,480 consultations, MIC website recorded 183,603 visits.
- Nearly 400 young people from primary and secondary schools viewed the documentary film Aj my sme tu doma (We Are At Home Here) at the One World Film Festival 2013. After each of the four projections the audience and IOM staff had a discussion about the film, migration and migrants in Slovakia.
- Since the year 2010, altogether 341 public administration employees working with migrants in Slovakia took part in IOM trainings and workshops on migration, intercultural skills and regional cooperation.
- In 2013, IOM Bratislava provided post-return reintegration assistance to 31 migrants. So far, we have assisted individuals and families in 21 countries in the world this way.
More information on IOM activities and achievements in 2013.
Previous activities and events
- EMN Conference on Qualified Workers from Third Countries
- IOM Trainings and Workshops on Migration
- IOM and the Diversity Festival
- One-Stop Shops in Bratislava and Košice
- The Old Market Hall Experienced One Day on Migration
- A New Home for 120 Refugees
- Info-meeting on Voluntary Returns and Reintegrations
- Migrant Communities Events
- Free Courses of Slovak Language for Foreigners
- Counselling on Changes in the Act of Residence for Foreigners
- Post-return Assistance Provided to Migrants Following Their Return Home
- Migrant Access to Social Security and Healthcare in the Slovak Republic - Policies and Practice
- The Fifth Edition of the EMN Bulletin
- Identification of Victims of Trafficking in Human Beings in International Protection and Forced Return Procedures in the Slovak Republic
IOM in media
- News selection about activities of the IOM Bratislava published in the Slovak media from October 2013.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding our activities, contact details of the responsible IOM teams are available here.